OT - SATA Data Cable

I've just spent the last two hours Googling for a SATA Data cable for a Dell computer but I cannot find the one I need. It's to connect a new hard drive to the motherboard on my PC.

It should be about 60 to 65 cm long with a right angle connector at one end and a straight connector at the other.

The right angle bit is very important because I have tried an ordinary straight to straight cable but I can't close the case of the PC using one of these.

These things *must* exist! Can anybody help?

I don't want a blue UV cable. These seem to be used for lighting up transparent PC cases. All I want is just a bog standard cable.

Reply to
Wesley

Wesley :

Would 90 cm be too long?

including delivery.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Like this?

Peter

Well, I found one...but it's blue and probably UV. Apparently that won't work for you. You can't be that desperate!

Reply to
Bob Eager

PeterC

Loads at computer fairs, typically for around 50p, but sometimes less.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If your case isn't transparent, it doesn't matter if it's UV. If there's no UV light it won't glow. And UV cables don't cost any more than non-UV cables.

Just as an aside, there are right-angle SATA cables and there are left-angle ones (ie with the bend going the other way). R/A cables are ten a penny, L/As are much less common but they do exist.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos