OT Road Grit Reserve

If you ant milk, its YOUR milk tanker as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Still a real problem when you're trying to bring the ant herd in for milking.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

At least you can find them by listening for the little ant bells that they wear around their necks.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Whatever's happened to the good old inch? Weather people never ever refer to it nowadays, even though It's a much more practical unit for snow depth.

Beside, cm aren't SI units and are to be deprecated.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

elk tanker!

Reply to
Jules Richardson

We should use nanoparsecs... 30mm or so.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's alive and well this side of the Pond :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

1 Parsec = 3.08568025 × 10**16 metres, ITYM attoparsecs?
Reply to
pete

I just re-read that and of course I meant attoparsecs...just scrolled down to see if anyone had noticed before I posted a correction!

Reply to
Bob Eager

mm is shorter than attoparsec.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But not as much fun.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It was foggy in the morning, so I imagine it was at night,so could be. We wondered if that was the reason.

Reply to
chris French

Just over a milli-furlong ;)

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

I think this is actually kinda gross.

Reply to
Ala

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

But Dennis, you are just A Helluva Guy.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Ala" saying something like:

I assume you're a Septic?

"Black Spot" in the UK, refers to a place where traffic collisions regularly happen. The "white spot" of the OP is a pun on snow.

HTH, HAND, bollocks, etc.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I just went and measured. 20cm is enough that the splitter will be scraping the top off and feeding it to the radiator - unless of course the wheels are riding over it, and lifting the car up. 40cm would completely bury the radiator. 100cm is somewhere up in the glass - I'd go _under_ that 100cm fluffy drift, not over. And then stop shortly afterwards with an overheating engine owing to no airflow!

My tyres are intended for higher temperatures and higher speeds. They aren't ideal for this weather. RWD, no LSD, too much power... and the biggest problem I've had with our 40mm has been the stuck vehicle at the front of the queue.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Bah, what are you on about? Your engine would stay cool due to all the snow packed around it in the engine bay... ;-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

The engine bay is at the other end of the car. (This is an old model MR2, not a Ferrari or something so it's not worth breaking into my house for the keys).

However I don't think much snow would get through the radiator of a conventional front engine car. The bit next to the radiator would then melt, leaving a blocked grill and a gap before the radiator.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I assume you're a boy. All boys think grit and mud and such is cool. Gurlz do not

Not gross but still involving rocks and dirt: Number 2.

$ heart pendant Custom choosable stones- all our birthstones included-- small but genuine (not fake) gems.

14K gold
Reply to
Ala