OT; Piggin customers

No, the bloke offering cheap prices can sort that out. Serves him right for offering cheap prices.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

'K

Io parlara solo Italiano

basta

Reply to
geoff

Why would she be at risk from stroke / heart attack / diabetes ?

You are the Urban Spaceman Colin.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I thought you said she was a female of African descent, which is a very high risk group.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

An oversimplification, as the type of fat is important and other dietary factors, like free sugar intake levels and the consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables, also play a large part in determining health. The important factors are probably that both the Japanese and the Mexicans have lower chloresterol levels and lower BMIs than are usual in either Britain or the USA.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I like Colin's suggestion. But if you're sure you didn't want her as a customer, maybe next time try 'that'll be our standard =A329.95 call out charge then.'

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Colin Bignell wrote;

It's a joke Colin....

But you might like

The Medway Handyman

No, he's not joking. He said 'the only person he knows'. Remember that Clive knows few people, and has very few friends!

Reply to
Bob Eager

You're joking, aren't you? Most small businesspeople seem to do very badly at keeping those records.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

I keep a record of all jobs, everything goes on a jobsheet, proper records of invoices, reciepts for goods & stuff like that.

I don't keep a record of impromptu estimates. I must get 3 or 4 calls a days asking "how much to do this job"?

If it gets to the point of booking the job, I record the details on the job sheet & charge accordingly.

Bigger jobs like decking I quote in writing or by e mail.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Hey, you don't need to defend yourself. Daniele wasn't taking a pop at you.

Remember, where 'Clive' is concerned - He who argues with a fool risks confusing the onlookers as to who is the greater fool.

Reply to
The Wanderer

One based upon potentially dangerous misconceptions.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

As a matter of interest how have you arranged your book-keeping systems? I have an ad-hoc arrangement of spereadsheets and what-not which I'm sure could be bettered, just not sure how :-(

Reply to
YAPH

Actually, I use an ad-hoc collection of spreadsheets :-)

I use one 'master' sheet for all income & one 'master' for all expenditure in a given tax year. I update these once a month, then cut & paste the monthly figures from each into a monthly P&L sheet. I use the paying in book & bank statements as a record & cross check on income & a simple duplicate invoice pad. I don't really run any monthly accounts, so cashflow isn't a problem.

Reciepts from suppliers are kept in a monthly concertina file after thay are entered on the spreadsheet.

Every year the accountant gets 12 monthly income/outgoingings sheets, a summary, the bank stetments & the concertina file. She is happy with that & does the rest.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman