[OT] Paper bags carbon footprint too high

That's because its winter and the masses are not using the beaches.

I used to recycle carrier bags as bin liners etc. but now its cheaper to buy a roll of bags for this purpose. However, the local council are now providing eco biodegradable bags for recycled food waste. As I compost most waste I now am starting to use these bags for waste bin liners.

Reply to
alan_m

but have you noticed that now that there is a charge for bags many are now much more thicker and durable.

Reply to
alan_m

+1000

I think all cats should have their DNA taken and be chipped and when they foul someone's garden, the owner of that garden should have the option of getting the mess tested and the cost of that and the cleanup handed to the 'owner', (similar to the fine imposed on a dog owner if their dog was caught fouling etc).

Mind you, we get fewer cats using our garden as a remote toilet since we fitted the automatic water jet system and before that, the (rescue) Lurcher found cats 'good fun'.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Not so easy for urban fringe walks. All the dog poo bins are located where the disposal team can reach with their van and hence not found along rural paths.

The vast majority of dog owners act responsibly. For the others, kindly just leave it for nature, bagging and throwing creates a long term nuisance.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Bags thicker than 70 microns are not included in the scheme so can be given away by the shops.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

QED