Objection to mast - best way to object a Vodafone contractor proposing to erect a mast

I was thinking volume, not surface of the sphere DOH

Reply to
raden

In message , tony sayer writes

You should have seen it before the surgery.

Reply to
Bill

In message , Bill writes

Prolly the best proof to date of the dangers of phone masts though

Reply to
raden

Hmmm, so how do you think that differs from the effect of heating the water with a blow lamp or a hot iron? How do you think heating is achieved?

To get back on topic, just how much power do mobile 'phone masts emit? Does it need to be _much_ more than the 'phones? If so why? (The transmissions have to work in both directions, though I'll concede that the mast probably has a more efficient aerial for receiving transmissions from your 'phone, so I'd expect the mast to transmit a few more Watts than a 'phone).

Reply to
Jan Wysocki

It may do, I knew a CBer in Rickmansworth who ran a pair of over driven eimac z-500 at 3Kw+ o/p, and was able to melt UR67 coax.

Probably more dangerous were CBers who ran 1kw linears in their cars to loaded whips on the cars roof where people could touch it.

Party trick being to light a held 4 foot florissant tube up to 20 feet away from the car

(and people worry about GSM BTS!)

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

Of course Masts are dangerous, they can fall over in strong winds, and hit people on the head!

If you want to study tissue damage, take a look at Miss Bridgett Bardots skin, makes alligator look smooth, all thanks to demonstrable sun damage, if you want something to worry, about try that.

I vote that hooded anoraks be made compulsory wairing in the summer months ;-)

When it comes to accurate risk assessment, it seems a University education ain't wot it used to be?

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

He died when Radio Constuctor mag did ;-)

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

That and the friction skin damage to the nether regions after a skin full ;-)

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

What's frightening is to think he was allowed to take that landrover on the roads!

Keep death off the roads, put it under a BTS ;-)

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

Nope, best proof that the driving test is insufficient

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

Don't lick the lead box, or you will suffer lead poisoning!

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

The allegations against Tetra stem from the foolish choice of multiplexing at

18Hz, the visual frequency known to cause epilepsy in susceptible people. Whether 18Hz RF can also trigger a epileptic fit is debatable? But if a higher frequency had been chosen there would be no argument.

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

The man on the Clapham omnibus doesn't realise that a GSM phones transmit, is instructed to decrease by the BTS, the stronger (generally closer) the signal.

Nor do I suspect many Uni students?

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

Don't mention Austrian wine glycol poisoning ;-) A real health hazard!

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

Tetras unnecessary 18Hz multiplexing?

The known frequency of visual epilepsy triggering

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

It was a pain when PI went from 1700 to 1750Hz tone access, made my HB tone burst useless ;-)

FM'd Pye Vanguard AM25b, 1975

Even worse when they turned it's aerials away from the south (my direction)

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

| In article , Peter Corlett | writes | >tony sayer wrote: | >[...] | >> Bin there seen it received it etc. Not that many people live all | >> that close, and as I've stated, much lower frequencies etc.... | >

| >So only high-frequency RF transmitters are a problem then? | >

| >I trust you have already removed all your light bulbs and turned off | >your central heating, and never go outside any more then... | >

| No never!, I'm totally contained in a sealed lead box.....

An aluminium foil suit is just as good ;-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

No, the problem was the choice of a land rover. If he had used a bicycle the mast wouldn't have killed him.

:-)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

So what you are saying is that the radiation from a mast reduces to nil if you stand more than a few metres away?

Reply to
sPoNiX

Hooray! Someone that talks sense!

Reply to