OT New tax coming.

My mum had a liver transplant in 1988 amonst her pills were some which cost= =A31000 per month, she only found out because she complained to the pharma= cy as to why she had to collect the bills every week rather than once a mon= th, they said they couldn't keep a months supply of them due to it's high = cost, eventualy they managed to carry two weeks stock.

Reply to
whisky-dave

In message , at

22:37:50 on Sun, 11 Nov 2012, Dave Liquorice remarked:

I've never encountered that problem before. Sometimes a pharmacy didn't have the item in stock, but would always be able to call it in from a supplier by midday the following day.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Of course it is. Just collect the rainwater falling on the roof! Or in my case, walk down to the pond.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bullshit. More like simple c*ck-up.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , at

07:38:12 on Mon, 12 Nov 2012, RJH remarked:

Not sure what relevance ringfencing has.

Teacher pensions are not "funded", in other words there are no investments anywhere to pay future pensions, which have to be met from ongoing current teacher pension contributions.

Many LA pensions, on the other hand, are funded, with conventional investments.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at

01:26:57 on Mon, 12 Nov 2012, harry remarked:

Yeah, there's loads of rural locations with no electricity, refuse collection or mail delivery. Meanwhile universal service for telephone is a legal requirement.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Or a deliberate change to make it less convenient, so discouraging people from using their cars.

The lights there used to be phased for a steady 25mph, IIRC.

Reply to
John Williamson

It's what Slough put out in their press releaase

Reply to
charles

And what about the ones that paid into a pension scheme only for it to be plundered and rendered worthless?

You'd better hope it doesn't happen to you - you might be less smug about it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

£1000 per month, she only found out because she complained to the pharmacy as to why she had to collect the bills every week rather than once a month, they said they couldn't keep a months supply of them due to it's high cost, eventualy they managed to carry two weeks stock.

Well, quite. If a patient on some exotic high-cost drug cacks it, the pharmacy would be stuck with it; I doubt they could get refunds and who else would have it?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It was done so that town councillors had a better opportunity to shoot anyone who tried to escape.

Jules (who had the misfortune to live in Slough for three years)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

m6g$tvj$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

ov

Tch. At my previous house there was no water, no drains, no gas, no rubbish collection. All my "neighbours" were the same. One of them had no electricity either. That is what living in the country means.

Reply to
harry

Plundered by whom?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Hey the public sector workers paid into their schemes too. They aren't for free. And they were compulsary. At one time they weren't as "good" as the private ones. That has changed only this last few years.

Reply to
harry

You are correct. That is the one's Cameron wants to nick/have nicked and use for affordable houses.

Reply to
harry

Gordon Brown. And now Cameron wants to do the same trick.

Reply to
harry

I didn't say they didn't. I'm just saying that all pensions should be organised the same way.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Ah yes there's Brown's Raid, how could I have forgotten that? Of course that continues each year, it wasn't a one-off thing.

The thing Cameron wants to do is to get LG pension pots to be invested in new housing, although how that would happen without the money in those pots being pulled out of existing investments is unclear to me. Or does he think that all the money is sitting in bank "Savings" accounts getting 0.1% interest.

By plundered I thought you were referring to Capn Bob and similar.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Isn't that what caused the most recent worldwide crash? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
8<

they have always been better than most private ones. They were/are guranteed.

All the private final salery schemes cost more than the public sector were paying into theirs.

Now the cat is out of the bag about just how much more the public sector schemes are worth in extra salery and its obvious that the public sector is paid far more than they claim to be.

Reply to
dennis