OT For all you cat lovers

Yes I alwyas thought the small difernce was bewteen, I'd like x or y as soo n as possible and the other purr was I demand immediatly whatever x or y is .

it was no suprise to me that they visit other homes to get food either. The bit about time sharing was intersting and that they have one of the la rgest hearing rangers of mamals but didn;t think to say what it was.

The cameras were pretty uselss I thought.

Mine showed much more life.

whisky-dave

largest hearing rangers of mamals but didn;t think to say what it was.

Some years ago (hence no references!), it was suggested that cat's hearing must operate at the quantum level because they are so astonishingly able to react to noises that are, basically, undetectable any other way.

Reply to
polygonum

Yes. Can't say I noticed that before it was pointed out. No chance to prove it here, though - not had a cat for 20 years. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Most kittens born to a domestic pet will be handled etc near enough from birth anyway. Farm cats etc, different.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

largest hearing rangers of mamals but didn;t think to say what it was.

I've heard they can hear a can opening from up to 2 light-years away ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Thinking back, it makes sense. The "gimme gimme" purring does happen sometimes, sos when it does I'll see the context.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I would have liked more detail in the TV programme.

I found the GPS tracking facinating and I would love a tracker for my cat to see where he gets to.

Reply to
ARW

Bob Eager

It was ok but I feel it could have been a lot better. Feel sure I've seen some of it before, (maybe on The One Show?)

Meanwhile cat lovers could spend weeks watching this:

Think 'Big Brother with cats' It runs with a new litter (abandoned / stray mother) every few months. All are neutered at around 8 -10 weeks and found new homes. Some even go on to have facebook pages. This latest lot were on camera less than 24 hours after birth and are now about 5 and a bit weeks old. Perfect for cat lovers who have allergies.

Reply to
The Other Mike