OT Choosing a Fridge/Freezer

Hi all. I read some time ago that when buying a fridge/freezer there is a big difference between the freezer-on-top and freezer-on-bottom options.

Something about efficiency or something.

Thanks for any input.

Arthur

ps. I'm after a combo with approx 1/3 freezer with 2/3 fridge. Anyone seen any good deals?

Reply to
Davao

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:13:10 +0100, Davao wrote (in article ):

Liebherr have a comprehensive range of these and are among the best products on the market - a very good deal.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Old single-compressor fridge/freezers used to have to have the freezer on top. Modern single-compressor fridge/freezers can have separate control of fridge and freezer temperature, and this doesn't apply anymore. People usually prefer the freezer on the bottom, although with a much smaller freezer than fridge, that may not apply.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I don't know about efficiency but most people use their fridge a lot more than the freezer so IMO (as a tall adult) fridge over freezer makes more sense.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:50:49 +0100, Andy Hall had this to say:

Liebherr manufacture very big cranes a couple of miles from here.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

No need to pay for delivery then; they can winch the f/f in through the velux window.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:30:16 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote (in article ):

yes it is the same company.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Bought out Coles?

Reply to
<me9

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 01:00:43 +0100, had this to say:

No - they took over the Laings shipyard buildings.

I think Grove-Coles is still extant, but only for spares, BICBW.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Look at AEG

a mate has a AEG fridge freezer bought from local supplier as £100's cheaper than Curry's/Comet. Very sturdy, lots of shelves, decent sized freezer + baskets and an A+ rating so looks like he will be heading for less than £30/year running cost compared to his current £70/year for his old LEC (C rating). With electric heading for over 10p/unit paying slightly more for a better rating soon pays off.

Reply to
Ian_m

Yes. I prefer this configuration, with a small freezer underneath, the door join at worktop height and a large fridge above.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

What sort of crane do you get if you buy a Hotpoint?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:11:20 +0100, Pete C wrote (in article ):

A craned neck when you have to stick your head inside to rescue socks from the drum.

Reply to
Andy Hall