OT: Anyone here familiar with Wacom pens?

I've been talking to myself on a forum, so wondered if there is any expertise here.

For a specific project I bought an elderly Lenovo X60T convertible tablet laptop. I loaded in Windows 8 and almost all the features work well. It came with a digitizer pen, which seemed to work using the drivers built into Win8.

Some of the Windows 8 functions at the corner of the screen don't seem ideal, so I have invested in a cheap clone pen, a "genuine Lenovo pen" off ebay and also tried a thing that looks similar from an old Medion input tablet that I used to use. The Medion does nothing The eastern clone does a lot, but won't click on the screen. They are sending a replacement. The Lenovo pen behaves differently, being detected at a great height, and, for example, starting to draw a thin line in One Note from about an inch above the screen, making it impossible to work with. It also doesn't seem to click properly. The original continues OK except for Win 8 corner clicks. I've tried the latest Wacom driver, which is only listed on their site as up to Win 7, but a forum answer from a Wacom staff member says is fine for Win 8. This makes little difference except that the pressure sensitive functions came good on the original pen. They had always been in evidence on the Lenovo pen.

Can anyone tell me whether these pens have to be tuned to the digitizer screen, or the screen tuned? Should they all work interchangeably or should it be possible for different people to use different pens and be detected discretely? Do they have to be tuned to do this?

All the info on line seems rather vague. The videos I've seen about repairing pens haven't helped.

Have I just been unlucky and just got 2 dud pens?. If so, can they be fettled?

Reply to
Bill