[OT] another +1 for Andrews and Arnold...

Just brought a new FTTC line live. "Free" Technicolor router works fine with routing my allocated /29 block but when reconfigured for NAT, it slows to a crawl (15/0.6 Mbit/sec). (Bearing in mind this FTTC line can manage 72/15 Mbit/sec on a good day).

Anyway, I assumed I was doing something stupid so emailed A&A.

Their solution: "How many real IPs would you need to not need NAT?"

Me: "32"

A&A: "OK - it's done".

Me: :->>>

I think the Technicolor router (TG582n) might have some issues - but I like their style. Good - I can finally dump NAT, except for a guest WIFI network.

Reply to
Tim Watts