Options for heating & hot water (again)

I live in a second floor, 2 bed flat with very good cold water pressure.

There is a combi boiler in the flat which is used for thermostatically controlled central heating and all hot water, including shower & bath.

The water pressure in the shower is too low when the temperature is hot & filling the bath takes too long.

The combi wakens me up at night when the thermostat kicks in for the central heating and there is no option to move it.

I would like to replace it with something else and wondered about a megaflo system. Can this drive central heating and hot water too?

Is it a viable option? If not what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
gateway01uk

Megaflow? Too expensive, and takes up valuable space and there are better alternatives for flats. Did the combi work OK? The boiler should not operate during the night if off by the time clock. It may have faulty frost protection bringing in the boiler.

It sounds as if the combi is faulty. Get it seen to, then good showers. If you really want to have fast bath fills then get an Alpha CD50 high flowrate job. 3 year guarantee so well made.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Most people expect to wake up to a warm house in the winter. Which means the heating coming on while you're asleep.

Of course perhaps you think a combi heats the house instantly as well as the water...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)