Opening a dyson DC11

Well, it's probably about time that my DC11 had a bit of preventative maintenance, new motor brushes and what not.

However, I'm not having much luck getting into the thing.

I've removed about half a dozen bits of plastic, but the main shell doesn't seem to want to come apart. I've removed 6 screws, but the top seems pretty firmly attached to the bottom.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Mark

The message from Mark contains these words:

't mention yours in particular, but there's probably a number of generic tricks.

Reply to
Guy King

Ah,

Many thanks.

There does indeed appear to be a generic trick: You have to prise the wheels off. Hiding behind the wheels are 2 pairs of screws. Remove those and the whole thing comes nicely apart.

Reply to
Mark