OK to mix-and-match push-fit fittings?

Are push-fit fittings interchangeable across different brands of PEX pipe in practice? I know each manufacturer wants you to buy their fittings and pipe but, for some items, Screwfix/Toolstation only have one brand. Is there any reason not to mix-and-match?

Reply to
mike

The fittings all have to match the same size copper pipe, so there is not much scope for locking you in to one brand of plastic.

Reply to
John Rumm

Doh! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks, John.

Reply to
mike

Worth getting the inserts from the same maker of the pipe if poss.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Reply to
John Rumm

I'd say it is absolutely essential that the inserts match the plastic pipe make. Everything else is fully interchangeable (which must piss off the manufactuers no end).

Reply to
Ed Sirett