O T Electric overblankets.

Do what we do - have a quilt each.

Reply to
Huge

I've always believed in getting the right product. Sometimes DIY is required!

Reply to
Capitol

I've no idea but been downgraded from what. I remmeber these blankets being sold and saying uses less than a 60W bulb. The one I have gets very warm even hot, sometimes too hot.

whisky-dave

That is an underblanket. I note that there is no wattage given. Overblankets used to have a maximum wattage of 180W per single bed size, now it is largely guess what the wattage is. The running wattage will be lower. Higher wattage gives shorter warm up times and higher running temperatures if required without using duvets etc, unless the wattage has been reduced so far, that even with a bed covering, it is impossible to get a warm bed. This degradation has happened with US products. It looks as though UK products are only slightly degraded at the present time but are being designed to fit inside duvet covers, which is useless if you don't use duvets.

Reply to
Capitol

ductInformation

I donb;t remmeber seeing wattages given, I did check the overblanket versio n and was suprised to see very similar details

under Dual digital detachable controls.

6 heat settings. 5 minutes heat-up time to reach 37°C. Auto adjusting temperature sensor - monitors the bedroom temperature and ad justs accordingly. Timer with auto shut off. Suitable for all night use.

over Dual detachable controls.

6 heat settings. 5 minutes heat-up time to reach 37°C. Auto adjusting temperature sensor - monitors the bedroom temperature and ad justs accordingly. Timer with auto shut off.

(but doesn;t mention suitable for all night use. but £20 more.

Well that's not what Ive found in fact the new underblanket was much warmer than my previous one.

I thought they were called electric duvets. Not sure I understand the problem unless you're in the US.

Reply to
whisky-dave

If he's got a SuperKing bed he'll need a SatNav to get from one side of the bed to the other. If he's a bit thin then he can easily get lost in it and not be found until they come to remake the bed the next day.

Reply to
Tim Streater

D'ye get sown into that at the start of Winter?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Not in my (considerable) experience.

The mind boggles. Moving swiftly on:

Rarely a problem IME.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yep.

Although the price of heating oil is coming down slowly.

But not fast enough.

Reply to
Huge

Ikea's quilts are a bit bigger than most - the single is 2mx1.5m. I'm 6'4" but I tend to curl up a bit (habit after more than 50 years of 'short' beds) and my feet are warm enough as the temperature in the Winter is about 12 - 14C.

Reply to
PeterC