Not quite on topic, but more a plea for help

Dear fellow participants in the uk.d-i-y forum.

I am a PhD student at The Norwegian School of Management (BI) in Norway. Currently we are conducting a research study trying to build knowledge about how we, as consumers, are sharing our experience as customers of products or services in discussion forum such as this one. The data collected through this survey will form the basis for my PhD dissertation. I find the discussions in this forum very interesting, and invite you to participate in the study on the link below. Answering the survey will take approximately 10 minutes of your time.

those of you that take this posting offensive, I apologize.

Many thanks to those of you who take the trouble and help me in my PhD work.

All comments, positive or negative, are welcomed, but please mail me directly ( snipped-for-privacy@bi.no) so we don't spam this forum unnecessary.

Best regards, Liv Karin Slåttebrekk PhD Student, Department of Marketing, NSM BI

Reply to
Liv Karin Slattebrekk

You already did spam this forum so do not apologise after the fact,just go away and build your email base somewhere else.

Reply to
Alex

OOH! Get you! I suppose that's a don't know then.

There is nothing on the site planting cookies and nowhere asking for e-mails.

What does this question mean I wonder?

REGARDING A COMPANY'S CUSTOMER SERVICE I AM PRIMARILY MAKING COMMENTS PERTAINING TO:

The quality of a company´s customer service (1=strongly disagree,

10=strongly agree) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The quality of dealers (i.e. firms representing the company) (1=strongly disagree, 10=strongly agree)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The availability of dealers (1=strongly disagree, 10=strongly agree)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The way a company conducts its business in general (1=strongly disagree,

10=strongly agree)

The problem is that I don't consider I strongly disagree with anything except some idiots here nursing threads that can be answered in one or two comments and have been recently discussed in detail anyway.

Here's another: Word of Mouth Survey 2

YOU WERE REFERRED TO THIS QUESTIONNAIRE FROM A DISCUSSION FORUM

Please indicate which category this forum belongs to cars household appliances mobile phones toys/games agricultural machinery travel mother & child Other, specify here:

Given this forum´s topic, how will you rate your expertise with regard to this topic? (1= very limited, 10= very high)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

How would you rate your own level of interest in this topic? (1= very limited, 10= very high)

1 2 3

If I took the trouble to answer the survey, question 2 is redundant isn't it?

The last question is a matter for debate:

As the discussion forums are open to everybody, including the companies, to what extent do you think companies should actively participate? (1= not at all, 10= to a high degree)

I have no objection to companies posting links especially if they also enter into "how to" discussions. Obviously no one wants spam. Links to large tool shops are often posted here with useful intent.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

huh?

(the survey does not ask for an email address)

Reply to
John Rumm

which seems to imply that this was posted to masses of ngs. Not whats needed here.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

It did remind me of 'emily' from the University of Surrey wanting opinions on conflict here back at the end of November last. This one looks a bit more genuine - at least quesback.com is a Norwegian domain registered in Oslo :)

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

So is the business school which appears to be in Sandvika, close to Oslo.

I looked through the survey and it is not an address gathering one. It seemed to be a genuine survey for a business project as was mentioned by the poster. All the questions were multiple choice.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall