Non load bearing wall construction...

Is it possible that internal partition walls (single storey) in blockwork could have been built over screed and polystyrene insulation?

I am still studying retro-fit underfloor heating and don't want to take up the screed and find the walls propped on a strip of foam!

Unfortunately the architects drawings do not show this detail neither do the photos taken during construction.

The other uncertainty is what thickness of underfloor insulation would have been used to meet the regs. of 1995?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Just drill a hole with a 1m SDS

NT

Reply to
NT

Actually the inner leaf can now be built on Marmox Thermoblock, a

145x65mm slab of foam, 6.5N/mm2 for supporting walls.

If this is a bungalow someone might have done it with lightweight blocks, knowing there is no point loading. Plenty of houses with block walls built on wood floors away from the supporting wall underneath so someone may try it.

If they have, I guess you need to do "micro underpinning". Go dig.

Reply to
js.b1

If there is any at all.

Reply to
John Rumm

I recently ripped out internal block walls and ripped the existing screed/insulation up, in a building constructed at a similar date. It had 50mm of polysytrene type insulation under the screed, and no insulation under the internal walls themselves - so the internal walls had been put in and then the insulation and screed installed.

You could drill, but then you might go through a DPM.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

Highly probable - it's still done to this day

probably 2 inch Jablite (polystrene to you and me) with 100mm of concrete over the top, where internal walls are, a strip of rebar netting about 2ft wide is dropped in, although this is often taken out once the BCO has seen it

Reply to
Phil L

Wonder if they are suspicious why that bit of road mat has concrete residue all over it ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm