Noisy pipes + low HW pressue

Whenever I flush the toilet in the downstairs cloakroom, the pipes fro

the kitchen make a rumbling sound. The best way I can describe it, i that it sounds like a didgerido (Australian musical instrument). When turn the cold tap on the noise disappears. I'm assuming this may be a airlock. If it is, how do I get rid of one. If it's not, an suggestions would be welcome.

Also, over the last few days, the HW pressure downstairs has gone dow dramatically. Upstairs it is OK and the cold is fine. Again, if anyon has any pointers for me, I will be willing to try them out.

Thanks

Nic

-- nwaymont

Reply to
nwaymont

Is the loo cistern fed from the rising main, or from a cold water cistern in the loft?

How is your hot water heated? (i.e. conventional vented gravity fed cylinder / combi boiler / something else etc).

Reply to
John Rumm