Noisy Central heating

Hi,

I have an ordinary gas central heating, water pumped to radiators. This winter it has got very noisy when it starts up in some areas - water gurgling and moving noises.

I don't think the radiators need bleeding, as they are just as hot at the top as the bottom.

Any suggestions

Reply to
Michael Hopkins

alancreid

I agree

Reply to
Phil L

I also have some heating problems. I think you should check your heating pump as it may need bleeding. It might be a grundfos pump there should be a slot screw to genly undo and this will bleed the pump. there may be an increase in pump noise if this is domne while releasing airlock. can also do this with pump off. Hope this works. I may have an air lock or need this pump relplacing. let me know if works

Reply to
alancreid

Been through the same problem myself, recently (although through various attempts to cure the problem have had instances of rather more violent banging than you seem to suggest in your own case).

In my case, drain the system from the drain port of the lowest radiator (normal garden hose should fit this well). That cured it for a while...

Then...having run a de-sludger product (Fernox X400?) for a few days, drain from the cold return/feed at the boiler (a similar drain port) - that removed a load of iron rust from the inners of the radiators (my guess is these got dislodged after 6 months of the Central Heating not being used) that was causing the boiler some grief. For the boiler, I just drained off a couple of litres at a time, then left the system to refill (open vented, btw) before trying again. Removed a *lot* of debris that way.

Now, house is toasty, and the heating silent... better than it has been for a couple of years...

A couple more short drains and the inhibiter goes back in, and hopefully no more problems until next year :)

Reply to
Mike Dodd