New Building regs for condensing boilers

Hi, hoping the combined wisdom on here can answer my question.

I have just learnt that new regulations becoming active on 01/04/2005 mean that anyone fitting new boilers from that date on has to fit the high effeciency condensing boilers.

My question is, that I am partly through a building extension and one of the jobs is to resite the combi boiler form an upstairs bathroom to a downstairs toilet, will the new regulations have any impact on me, or will the fact that a)I am still using the same boiler, just moving it or b)I started the building work prior to the enforcement of the regulation

exempt me from this regulation.

Any comments/help will be greatfully received.

Thanks Gaffar

Reply to
Gaffar

I believe the regs actually take effect from 1st April. Anyway, I think you'll be exempt for all the reasons you mentioned. Don't worry about it.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

My understanding is that both (a) and (b) independently exempt you from the requirement. I may be wrong.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks for the confirmation

Regards

Reply to
Gaffar

With all due respect, you shouldn't regard what you read here as confirmation! It's probably right, but for goodness' sake check with your building control officer - he will confirm it. Or not - in which case, he'll tell you when he sees it after the event that the boiler you just had refitted at great expense has got to go... "But these guys on the internet told me..." won't hold a lot of water with him!

David

Reply to
Lobster