New Boiler recommendations...

I expect that this has been done before but we're planning a kitchen extension and renew and that there boiler is gonna have to go as its in the way. Its a Potterton Suprima 80 so perhaps best if we give it a decent burial, its been in service since 1996.

It will be much easier to put a new in place and then cut the pipes over which go right past the new position and in all makes it simpler. So what's the recommendation these days for a decent condenser wall mount type thats reliable, efficient, and not too much specialized software to service around the 28 "ish" kW output?..

TIA....

Reply to
tony sayer

The guys who service my boiler swear by either Worcester Bosch or Vaillant. They claim that "Glow-worm" is a "Vaillant in cheaper Glow-worm clothing" and that is what some of them have installed.

Avoid an "Ocean Alpha" - been nothing but trouble since the day it was installed!

Paul DS

Reply to
Paul D Smith

We've had an Alpha CD32C boiler for about 5 years now and it's been brilliant. Only had one problem with it and, funny enough, that was just a couple of days ago - turned out to be the diverter valve. At the time, Alpha were the only manufacturer to give three years warranty but I think others also do it now. So, my vote goes to Alpha - just had a very quick look at the website to get the URL for you and it turns out they now do 5-year warranty as standard, upgradeable to 7 years with 'Premier Pack' (whatever that is):

John

96 is pretty modern, has it been trouble?

NT

Reply to
Tabby

!..

Well not that much since one of Geoff's refurbished PCB's went in there;!...

Course 96 isn't that olde but its going to be a real PITA moving it..

Reply to
tony sayer

15 years for a suprima?

That's almost a world record

Alpha are pretty crap, but if you can get a 7 year warranty deal, then that's about as long as you can expect from a modern condensing boiler

W-B and vaillant seem to be the front runners, but I'm seeing a LOT of W-B pcbs and fans, slightly over rated possibly

I'm sure drivel will be along to recommend some crap boiler with no track record which HAS to be the best

Reply to
geoff

Did you mean TWO combis?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It's a wall jig - you plumb it all in and connect up and then the boiler lifts onto it and all the pipes just connect up.

Part of the warranty extension comes from the fact that their is a filter built in. Part of it is no doubt subsidised from the cost of the kit :-)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

In article , geoff scribeth thus

Well it has got one of your re-furbed boards in it and by and large works 'tho it has odd moments but the waters hot and the house warm so must be doing its job..

So Valiant it is then by the look of it..

Are the Glowworm range the same as these inside then?..

Reply to
tony sayer