New boiler quote - is it reasonable ?

I just moved into a flat with a heating only boiler. I want to upgrade to a combi for a number of reasons and have had a quote of 1200 - 1250 to do the following work:
- remove old baxi boiler - supply, fit, & commission Potterton Performa 24 in a different location (a few meters along the wall from original spot) - reroute pipework and connect hotwater pipes to boiler - remove hotwater cylinder in lounge - remove tanks in loft - add my own mains cut-off valve - fix 2 holes in heating pipes - remove unwanted gas fire pipe
Does it seem reasonable ? All the pipe work goes up into the loft so there are no floorboard complications to worry about. The combi will cost 470 inc VAT which leaves about 750 for the other work.
Cheers
Hello darkhorse31

<snip>
I'd say that wasn't /too/ far off the mark.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK

I don't think that this is that unreasonable for that lot, provided that all making good etc. is done as well.
However, before you commit to this, do make sure that your mains cold water flow rate is good enough.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
darkhorse31 wrote:

Sounds very reasonable to me. Make sure quoter is Corgi registered.

I don't like the combi. Get a higher flowrate model, like a Ariston Microgenus, Ferroli Modena 102, Wickes Combi 102, etc. 12 litre/minute and over is what you want.

and
Not sure I need a higher flow rate as there is currently a power shower in the bathroom and only 4 radiators in the rest of the flat. The hot water would only be used for the sinks in the kitchen & bathroom, the washing machine, and the very occasional bath.

litre/minute
in
water
will
BillR, do you mean a power shower or an electrically heated shower, as that's what I thought your reply implied even though you stated Power Shower?
L Reid wrote:

You've got the wrong guy. I didn't mention showers at all

The installer has be CORGI registered. If he is not he is breaking the law. Tell your friend to report him to CORGI ASAP.

I think that in the circumstances it would also be reasonable for him to pursue the installer for the cost of the certificate as well as any remedial work - if necessary through the court. He's likely to end up in one court anyway, so one more is not going to make a lot of difference.
Of course, if this was a "cash job" it could be a bit awkward all round.