Neighbours new conservatory nightmare...

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 01:04:29 -0000, "CapStick"

Are you certain about that?? From reading both the Statutory Instruments and other information on the ODPM web site, there is an exemption with respect to Building Regulations for conservatories of up to 30m^2, although there is a requirement for glazing to comply with Part N.
There has been consultation etc. on this, but AFAICS nothing enacted in law at this point.

By Planning? I think that this is the job of Building Control....... if they were involved in the first place.

Why? .andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Why? Conservatory, made out of glass.
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:06:35 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) wrote:

Can have blinds and curtains.........
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

And most I've seen either have the dwarf brick wall extended up to the height of the other conservatory walls on the boundary, or uPVC style insert to replace the glass. Most people don't like being looked into I guess.
On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:31:29 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net wrote:

Saw a short documentary on Meridian TV a couple of nights ago. Featured the original designer of the Tricorn shopping centre waxing lyrical about how he was hoping they'd accept a revamp of the Tricorn, thus saving it from being knocked down.
I had to check my calendar to make sure that it wasn't April 1st.
PoP

Just why have they not knocked it down?
Dave

LOL As a very frequent visitor to Portsmouth, just where is it going to be sited?
Dave

And the BBC will let you watch it going up http://www.bbc.co.uk/southampton/webcams/pop_spinnaker.html
--
Selah

Thanks, I'll take a look next time I am down there.
I live in Preston, Lancashire, but make several trips down there to see my grand daughters. I have the journey down to a day trip these days :-)
Dave