Neat tip from our plasterer

Thought I'd share this tip from the plasterer that we have in at the moment. Having gutted the extension of the house and dealt with all sorts of problems (dry rot in joists etc) we've finally finished and were ready to get it plastered. We're re-wiring at the same time, so we'd chased cables into the walls and covered with plastic protective stuff which is of course quite shiny. Oh, the walls are block and render by the way. So anyway, the tip is, to get the compo to stick properly to the shiny plastic and the smooth bricks that are dotted about, mix up some PVA, sand, cement and water and just paint it on - compo should stick like magic.

Well I thought it was a useful tip anyway - never seen it mentioned anywhere else before (and am a long time lurker ;).

Phil

Reply to
funroll

PVA - I have used PVA glue diluted with water to seal the inside of a pot that became porus. Just a desertspoon of PVA and add water so that it is like milk. Pour this into the porus pot and swirl it around for a while. Pour out the excess and just let it soak in and set.

x-- 100 Proof News -

30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
Chris McBrien

Make sure you use exterior PVA not kids white PVA glue which will dissolve again...

Reply to
PC Paul