Nailguns & masonry

My house has wooden trim fastened to the rendered exterior, using rectangular section iron nails. Much of this trim is in poor condition and needs replacing. (I would remove it and make good, but The Management wants it replaced).

It would make my life a lot easier if I could fasten the replacement on by some means other than hammering masonry nails in while trying to hold a six feet length of 3" x 0.5" horizontal, up a ladder. Would a nail gun knock a masonry nail into cement render over blockwork? The blocks are soft enough to poke holes in with your bare hands, but the render is apparently proof against a nuclear attack and I suspect it holds the house up ...

Reply to
Huge

condition

Management

blocks

render

The Spit gun style (that use a cartridge) definately will.:

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Huge

"Not suitable for pre-cast/pre-stressed concrete, tempered steel, cast iron, aluminium, natural stone, marble, granite, slate, flint, engineering brick, lightweight block, plasterboard, timber."

Oh, well.

Reply to
Huge

"Not suitable for pre-cast/pre-stressed concrete, tempered steel, cast iron, aluminium, natural stone, marble, granite, slate, flint, engineering brick, lightweight block, plasterboard, timber."

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sounds like it would need less words to say what it *is* suitable for!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Actually it's quite verbose about that too

"suitable for fixing timber and drywall track systems to concrete and steel, profiled steel decking, fire protection systems and threaded pin applications to steel, frame clamps and grid flooring to structural steel"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sounds like a Hilti DX nailer type of job:

John Rumm

echo?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Naah, (i) I can't read news after about 16:40 'cos of those bastards at Tiscali & (ii) we went to the same Spit page...

Reply to
Huge

Reminds me of the John Cleese voice on my navigator.

At 800m from a motorway exit (and other places) he says

"After 800 metres - well I'd call it half a mile - but we have to say

800 metres these days 'cos of that little bastard, Napoleon..."

He also says

"Bear left, beaver right"

but I think that's about something else.

Reply to
Andy Hall