Mystery roll - soft and shiny :-)

given a roll of stuff (I think, may have found it in a previous property).

Does anyone recognise it?

My first thoughts are some kind of underlay for laminate flooring.

Roll is 700mm across and 3mm thick.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

>> Been given a roll of stuff (I think, may have found it in a previous > property). >

Looks like the stuff you put behind radiators to stop heat loss through an outside wall.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

(a) that was amazingly quick (b) I wondered about that as well, but ISTR it is normally silver and quilted - in fact I've just checked one of ours and the silver foil/foam thing is much thinner. Mo more than 1mm as far as I can tell.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

>> Been given a roll of stuff (I think, may have found it in a previous > property). >

I don't think it's laminate underlay. That usually has a clear plastic sheet at the bottom, with thin foam on top - with the foam going not quite up to one of the edges to the damp barrier bit to be overlapped without increasing the thickness.

It looks to me more like that expensive exotic space-blanket-type insulating material. When my garage was converted into a temporary bathroom, this sort of material was put between the metal door (which was left in situ for subsequent reversion) and a timber/plasterboard inner layer.

Reply to
Roger Mills

In message , David WE Roberts writes

Toilet roll for robots