Multiple circuits in trunking, inline sockets

I need to run 3 circuits through trunking; shed, external lighting and internal radial socket run. The shed and external lighting cables would need to pass through the back of the 20A radial socket.

Q - Is that legal under BS7671?

Segregation under 528-01-02 requires insulation to highest voltage present, no ELV circuits are present.

I ask because it appears high end trunking do use sealed socket boxes so only relevant cables need pass through the socket section. Low end trunking like MK Norwich does not, socket frames are open so all circuit cables cross the socket section.

No space for full size or multi-compartment trunking. No space to put trunking under the socket pattress.

My plan is to use FTE for the internal circuit, but use singles for the exterior with male-20mm fitting on the rear of the trunking to 20mm EGAtube outside. Thanks.

Reply to
js.b1

Yes (I assume they are all on the same phase ie 240V not 415V between circuits, which would AIUI not be permitted or good practice in a domestic dwelling).

They're usually used in offices where phone and data cables and sockets are located in the same trunking and need to be segregated.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Great - and yes, a domestic single phase.

Noted - many thanks for the reply.

-- JSB.

Reply to
js.b1