Multiblade razors are a huge ripoff

I can't see the point in anyone shaving at all - particularly only certain areas*. There are some men with silly little apologies for beards and they spend ages shaving ROUND them. What's the point?

Men grow hairy chins. Why argue with that?

Mary

  • I've just thought of one - if hair would interfere with surgery, as it would have done when my brain was seen to.
Reply to
Mary Fisher

Then start a new thread about how to make one ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Happy memories with that with the wife :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Ingram shaving cream. Menthol and you don't need aftershave.

Reply to
Jim S

It's not bad, but I simply refilled the tube with bog-standard Palmolive - does just as well :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I rarely use aftershave, especially if moisturising ;-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Tube? It comes in a 6·6 oz tub!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

'Moisturising' 'Sunderland' Are you having a laugh? Why eye man!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'd rather you used an "aye" in this context! A razor and eye together in this thread are not happy bedfellows in my mind!

Reply to
clot

--------------8><

All this aside, maybe some pundit could chime in here and explain the notion that the closest shave can be had by shaving only in the direction of the hair growth. This has never worked for me - I've always had to repeat in different diections and, even then, have to work at it with much gurning, skin stretching, & so on. Multiple-bladed razors don't make this any different.

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

Shaving in bed?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I wasn't after making one, but getting my grandfather's Naval sword refurbished. It isn't a Wilkinson anyway - their archivist was very helpful.

Reply to
Huge

:) I'd rather not, thank you!

Reply to