Multi-tools (again)

I've yet to find a job I cant do quicker another way or with another tool, so it just sits there. I'm sure it'll pay its way one day, but I dont think it'll be soon.

£3 old drills get used more and cost less! 3 cordless, 3 old drills, 1 SD S, 1 hammer drill, 1 20,000 rpm job for pilot holes & pcb drills, and some antique drills I dont really use ... I think I need another!

NT

Reply to
meow2222

+1
Reply to
newshound

Why are you comparing a drill to a multi-tool?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The point is even drill number 8 sees more use

NT

Reply to
meow2222

?? ;-) Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Right. My ancient but lovely Fortex high speed PCB drill gets more use here too than the multi-tool - but I'd still not be without it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Its definitely gratitude time

NT

Reply to
meow2222

No probs- it is Christmas....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I just used my Bosch cordless multitool to make the mortise for a mortise lock - only managed to go in 60mm and needed 70mm but it still made it a lot easier.

Reply to
Murmansk

Twas the Saturday before Christmas ....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

How did you do it? Did you drill out first, then use the multi tool to clean up the edges?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It sounds to me like trying to find a use for a tool. Can't see how it's any better than a drill and chisel.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

clean up the edges?

Reply to
Murmansk

I'll give that a try. Cheers.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I did a set of hinge rebates with one once...

Reply to
John Rumm