Mounting a yard...

Hi all,

SWMBO & I were given a rather nice Dartington Crystal yard of ale as a wedding gift. It's been a long while since I saw one hanging in a pub, so I'm not really sure of the best way to hang it on a wall for display.

Anyone got tips for how to do it properly?

Cheers,

Reply to
Jeremy Collins

Two Terry clips - allows quick dismounting for use!

Reply to
Phil

Oh, I want quick dismounting alright! Do you think Terry clips would be strong enough? If I'm thinking of the right thing, they tend to be stamped out of pretty thin metal...?

We're talking about 1m and 1.5kg of glass here after all!

Reply to
Jeremy Collins

You'll also find Dartington glass is quite soft and probably easily scratched by any metal clips.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

2 hooks, with small lengths of chain as a cradle.
Reply to
Dave Jones

I'd be inclined to make shaped wooden supports for it, bevelled to fit snugly and maybe lined with a bit of felt.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Plenty strong as they're made out of spring steel.

Just make sure what you fix them to/how you do it is strong enough.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)