Motorised Valve

Hi The motorised valve on my central heating has packed up.

It is a Danfoss 3 way valve + actuator.

The model number is HSA3.

I have found the following on ebay ( watch for the word wrap!)

?ViewItem&ih=019&item=290040877081&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1Are both of these the same thing even though one says its for a 3 port and the other for a 2 port.By the same thing I mean are the actuators the same?

I can not find any other model number on my actuator.

thanks

Reply to
KinRsole

> and

> Are both of these the same thing even though one says its for a 3

The first link is just the actuator, whereas the second one is the complete thing - the wet bit of the valve *plus* the actuator.

An HSA3 is definitely an actuator for a 3-port HS3 valve (not a 2-port - they are not the same) despite what it says on Ebay. I suggest that you send an email to the seller to clarify this if you are interested in this one.

When you say that your valve has packed up, is it just the actuator which has failed - or is the wet bit duff (seized, leaking or whatever)?

Reply to
Roger Mills

The HSA denotes actuator, HSV denotes Valve. Therefore a HSA3 goes with a HSV3.

You will often find that these actuators develop faults becuase the valve body gets stuck. Try unscrewing the actuator from the valve body and manually operate the valve body to see if it rotates freely. Chances are it may be stuck. If so then you;d be better off replacing the valve and actuator i.e the second item for sale on ebay,the valve and body..

tarquinlinbin

The second one is the complete unit, i.e. actuator and valve, the first just the actuator. But for the first the description is ambiguous: he talks about 2-port, then says it's for a L&G SK3 which is IIRC a 3-port valve. But the part number on the box is a 3-port actuator, see

currently a bargain at the price (though as 3 days left this means nothing)

Reply to
Tony Bryer

thanks for the replies

The valve seems free enough. If I move the lever on the actuator across manually then the boiler fires up so I assume this means the valve itself is ok and the motor in the actuator is goosed

cheers

>>> and