Motorised valve

Hello everyone I'm having a problem with a motorised valve which is buzzing very loudly and not opening. I assume I need to change the head? The valve is a Honeywell V4043H1106 (that's what it says on the side!), will the Drayton synchron motor mentioned some time back be compatible? Any advice much appreciated

Cheers Ric Z

Reply to
ricf

You have a chance..take the head off and power it up separately. If it doesn't move, get a new head.

Then see if the actual valve body rotates..sometimes they jam and can be worked free. If it is jammed and won't work free you need a new complete valve. The parts aren't expensive, but draining down to retrofit is a pain.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You first need to check whether the problem is in the head or in the 'wet' part of the valve. If the wet part is seized, the motor won't be able to open it, but may make a lot of noise trying.

Remove the head from the valve and see whether the part of the head which engages with the valve's shaft *then* motors to the open position. If it does, the motor is probably ok.

Then check whether the shaft of the valve is stiff to rotate - you should be able to move it with finger and thumb. If it *is* stiff, you may be able to free it by turning it back and forth with pliers.

Reply to
Roger Mills