MaybeOT, How to install Washing Machine

Hi
My little brother is going nuts trying to get his washing machine into the space under his kitchen worksurface. I noticed the machine has rubber feet and the floor is rough floorboards.
I suggested he lay down hardboard, shiney side up and polish it with beeswax or something.
Is there a clever technique for doing this sort of thing, we always huff and puff and go red in the face when trying to get our MC in and out ourselves.
TIA
Paul
Add pictures here
✖

We`ve got small "pads" of carpet under the feet of ours, makes sliding them a little easier (vinyl flooring)
✖
in it ;-) --- Try the screwfix item D39158 - appliance roller set :
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/searchresults.jsp ;jsessionid-CGIDCLRK105CJO2C4CKTQ?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=&nÓ9158&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=6&y
Andrew Mawson
Add pictures here
✖

You can get pairs of roller frames which go under the machine, one either side, extendable to fit the machine. As they don't go under the feet, but beside them, they don't add much to the height. They have rollers in, so just go back and forwards. Once in there are clamps at the front to stop movement. They work very well.
They are £8.99 a pair from Argos. ww.argos.co.uk ->homeware/kitchenware/kitchen gadgets)
HTH
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Do you think they could be modified to work with the feet? I have 3 integrated appliances, which have even less room to work in than standard appliances because you can't leave a gap down the side. However, these appliances tend to have adjustable feet, rather than a convenient "bottom" to rest on the sliders. The adjustable nature is necessary to get precise control over the appliance height.
Christian.
P.S. Why don't appliances have wheels/castors/rollers? The vast overwhelming majority have to be slid under worktops. It doesn't seem too much to ask.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:07:41 +0000, Curiosity

Squirt washing up liquid on the floor and the machine will slide with ease! (The liquid will eventually dry out BTW)
Be careful not to step on any though as you'll fall over!
sPoNiX
Add pictures here
✖

we recently installed our dishwasher under our worksurface and found out by accident (due to a droppped outlet pipe) that water on the floor helps a great deal !
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks for all your suggestions, I will pass them along asap.
Paul
Add pictures here
✖