Maximum size of Laminate Flooring

A friend is in the process of laying laminate flooring in her entire house, apart from the kitchen and bathroom.
One of the rooms is quite large at 18' x 16' and another smaller room has no door and leads into the hallway.
1) Is it OK to lay the larger room in one piece with a standard 10mm gap around the perimeter or will it need to be laid with an expansion gap running along the middle of the room. Obviously this gap would have to be covered with a joining strip.
2) Does she need to leave a gap between the smaller room and the hallway and fit a joining strip or can she just continue into the hallway?
I hope these two questions make sense.
Sean
Sean Delere wrote:

Sean,
I don't know the answer to this but if it was me actually doing the work I would get hold of the technical department of the makers of this laminated flooring and ask them.
Do they have a web site that you can contact or a telephone help-line number on the packaging?
Sorry I can't be of more help
Brian
Sean Delere wrote:

It tells you on the laminate instructions!
the smaller room and the

Need gap here. two questions make sense.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:12:13 +0000 (UTC), "Sean Delere"

I have laid without a join and haven't noticed any problems.

Again, I just continued into my hall but left a 10mm gap at the door frame.

On 28/08/2003 at 16:12:13, Sean Delere typed:

I was in a room approx 15m x 30m today in which a bamboo laminate floor was in the process of being laid with gaps only at the edges.
--
"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the
life in your years."