Mains shower pressure.

I have a Triton shower and it is excellent .... except when someone flushes the toilet. The pressure drops and the shower water temp rises to very,very hot. Are there any suggestions as to how I can minimise the effect on the water temperature when other mains water is being used in the house.

regards ... Ken

Reply to
KenL

Assuming you have an isolation valve where the pipe enters the cistern, an easy thing to try is to partly close the valve; thereby reducing the flow of water into the cistern when it flushes (and prolonging the time beteeen flushes). Same applies to other mains taps; but you may find you have to reduce the flow through the taps so much to get the beneficial effect on the shower that it's an unworkable solution - in which case more complex and expensive solutions would be called for.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Partly turn off the service valve that feeds the toilet cistern - it will mean it takes longer to refill, but it will take less water away from the shower.

Reply to
John Rumm