MacAllister clone from Toolstation

Just spotted the 'exclusive to B&Q' MacAllister power tools are now available from Toolstation under their real name. No doubt they are identical products - or at least from the same maker.

stuff is considerably more expensive though.

Wonder whats going on there?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I got the impression B&Q was selling off the old MacAllister stuff either to drop the "brand" entirely or to have someone else supply it.

Don't know what other people's experience has been of GMC sourced stuff but the two I've tried have been nothing to write home about.

Reply to
mike

I got the impression B&Q was selling off the old MacAllister stuff either to drop the "brand" entirely or to have someone else supply it.

Don't know what other people's experience has been of GMC sourced stuff but the two I've tried have been nothing to write home about.

They started with 'Performance Power' the 'Performance Pro' .. and I think at One point 'Tool master' all are made in China ... I used to have the link to the Chinese site, they will put whatever badging & plastics you want on the kit.

I must admit my 305mm double bevel McAllister saw has been well worth the money.

The battery drill seem pretty poor though.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

It will be connected with this

for a better business model that doesn't make them go bust, I guess.

Reply to
Bolted

Nope, but I did see Triton stuff (same group of bust Ozzies) and thought this might be a good time to get a honking great Triton 1/2" router (if I can just find a spare 200 quid down the back of the sofa). They're probably the best 1/2" plunge router yet made, especially for table use.

Reply to
Andy Dingley