m14 studding/bolt source?

Hi all,

The bolt that holds on the drum of my cement mixer is damaged. It's an M14 bolt, about 10cm long, but M14 appears to be a odd size (M12 or M16, nothing in between) and I can't find anyone online or locally who stock these in small quantities. Alternatively, an M14 stud and nut would work equallywell. Does anyone know of any other source? I did wonder whether certain sizes of masonry shield anchor might contain an M14 bolt, but maybe they skip from M12 to M16 as well?

thanks,

dan.

Reply to
dent

Lots of cars use M14 wheel bolts or studs/nuts. However, 10cm is rather long for a wheel bolt or stud.

You should be able to get a local engineering workshop to make one up for you at a reasonable price. Just give them the old one as a pattern.

Reply to
Bruce

In article , Bruce scribeth thus

Have a look at Mackays of Cambridge they have moist everything to do with nuts and bolts and IIRC they do online ordering..

Reply to
tony sayer

Rusty ones? :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

ebay has a wide range of options.

eg

bit fiddly to find, but if you search for M14 then narrow down by category, lots of options present themselves

andrew

Mmm ... moist! ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer saying something like:

Bit of a turn on?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Cromwell have studding in M14 (or bolts in pack of 100!)

Bob Minchin