Low energy floodlights

Page 2 of 2
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Hah! Towney... 4.5 miles here.
--
Grunff

Street light? Wossat?    :o)
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 22:20:40 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Not often that this area could be called "Towney". Sitting in the middle of approximately 1200 sq miles of fell.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

You would need a very large drive to justify 70W of sodium lighting and, even then, a number of smaller lamps would probably give a more even light.

I've been perfectly happy with low energy floodlights from Newey & Eyre. They come in 2 or 4 x 9W versions, with a photocell option on the 4 x 9W. The 2 x 9W version works fine for lighting a small factory forecourt. I think they are somewhere in the 20-50 range, depending on fixing, type and options.
Colin Bignell

These look like the "eco-floods" I have recently started installing. They give a very white light and IMHO are superb. The one at the back of my house is mounted 2.5 metres from the gound and lights up 10 metres of garden without the usual light pollution given by the halogens and I am only using th 26W version.

These look like the "Dominator" range of lighting and are brighter than the eco-floods and they are available with mercury bulbs (ie white) for less than 100.
Adam

house
using
I phoned the supplier (low energy world) and they say they are using some kind of high density flourescent technology. A new expanded range will be coming soon, I'm inclined to go this route...
David