Looooooooong Radiators

Hi just a quick question.

I'm trying to replace an old radiator which is 1.7m + a bit long.

Does anyone know of a supplier I can go to either in the Stockport area or on t'internet that have this sort of length.

I've had a look at Screwfix, Travis Perkins and the longest I can find is 1.4M

I could move the pipes but would rather not.

I could use those variable tails at a pinch but would like to get somewhere near

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Reply to
gvmead

How about :-

do Stelrad up to 2m long, may be worth looking at avariety of lengths, when I bought two off them a while back the price / m of the radiators suddenly went up beyond a certain length, around 1.8m IIRC. Don't know why.....

Reply to
airsmoothed

Have you thought of combining a pair of rads side by side? A single pipe between them and you can keep the existing pipes coming through the floor.

Reply to
craig

Myson Premier SE is available at 1759mm long with heights of 690mm, 530mm,

390mm. As you say it is a bit over 1700mm (rather than exactly), you may well have exactly these sizes already.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks guys for the links

Reply to
gvmead

Harrison Mccarthy (Stockport!) seem to sell longer ones...

AJB

Plumb Center used to sell Stelrad too, and I expect they still do. I'm sure they'll have a branch near you. It's best to ring up for the price - you're more likely to be quoted the trade price over the phone, then they'll honour it when you go in.

Reply to
Set Square

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Up to 3m avail at discounted heating (but look at the prices )

make their supply through Plumbcenter so walking in there with a printout of the appropriate page should help you get trade prices.

Reply to
fred

Sizes up to around 3m are listed in quite a few manufacturers brochures. Ask at a real PM or look around at the _manufacturers_ websites. Sizes over 1.8 metres are generally ordered in rather than ex -stock at most outlets.

Reply to
Ed Sirett