Looking for a Kango 426, 422 or 327 drill - broken will do (2023 Update)

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a Kango 426, 422 or 327 drill? It doesn't have to work, but it should be in reasonable condition if possible. I have looked everywhere, but can't find one.

Is there a Kango website anywhere or a catalogue of all their models? I only need the plastic casing of one and other models might be the same shape.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Kitching

Hi Paul I have a Kango 327 for sale its 110 volt VGC still in original case. Make me an offer?? email or ring 0743299310

Reply to
shuv

You do realise more than a decade has passed since he asked?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'm curious. How did you know the OP was posted over a decade ago? I can't see any sign of a date in the header. Do you simply have an excellent memory or did you get suspicious and google the subject line to find this out?

Reply to
Johny B Good

From the references: header in today's message, poke it into the al.howardknight.net site ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks for that, Andy.

I've just tested that out and I saw the OP was dated Sun, 07 Mar 2004

16:42:29 GMT.

The thing is, you do need to be motivated enough to check. Is there any obvious clue that you look for in such postings or is it merely a matter of 'going on a hunch'?

Reply to
Johny B Good

If a message pops up with "re:" in the subject but isn't part of an existing thread, it's either a reply to an aged thread, or a sign that the news-server is missing some messages, so I sometimes have a look ..

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah, I see now. Yes, _that_ would be a big enough "Clue by Four". :-)

You'd ignore the obvious offenders like Bran Gaff whose News client can't seem to do the threading properly on follow ups (but that's usually quite obvious by it following closely behind the original thread).

Reply to
Johny B Good

Sometimes the post includes a bit of quoted date info, but usually just the fact that it appears as a "Re:" response immediately indicates that the OP is no longer on the news server which is the first clue. The fact that the name is someone that you either don't recognise at all, or you know has not posted for years is the second clue, and the fact you don't remember the subject coming up is also a clue. Other than that its just a hunch. ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Brian's messages always thread ok for me. Are you sure you have not got your software set to do threading by message title?

Reply to
John Rumm

I think Brian does trim multiple "re:" "fwd:" "ot:" "tot:" prefixes from subjects, can't remember the reason now ... but sorting by subject rather than thread would make them look disjoint.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's been a while since I last investigated this problem with Brian's follow ups and proved that my news client (FreeAgent) was innocent of any wrongdoing.

Istr that the problem only happened if the post had OT: or TOT: at the start of the original post's subject line. His client was in the habit of replacing the OT: or TOT: with Re: effectively making it a brand new thread.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Replacing the re: with banana: shouldn't turn it into a new thread, provided the references: header is intact, does this message appear in the kango thread, or as a new thread to you JBG?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Viewing the thread in Google groups (yes, I know...) displays the date and time of posting at the top of each message.

Anyway, is Shuv's reply a genuine, albeit hopelessly late, offer or some wired phishing exercise? He has no posting history and that phone number is a digit short of being real, isn't it?

Reply to
mike

It has appeared as a new thread. I assumed this would be normal (after all, it's a 'new' subject title). Most reply postings appear in the threading ok. It's mainly brian's posts that seem to 'generate' a new thread (from which further replies are then threaded from). I also see this effect with, perhaps a handful of, infrequent posters every so often.

I'm using an _old_ version of FreeAgent so perhaps this a long since fixed bug?

I've copied and pasted the header info for you to peruse the references. Perhaps you can tell me what's going on?

Reply to
Johny B Good

Oh, God! I had to rewind such a long way back to check. He'd become rather irrelevant by the time Andy and I were discussing the "Spot The Ancient Thread" game. :-)

Yes, of course, that's always my first thought (advertising opportunity rather than phishing). The phone number might just be a typo. What's the point of giving a fake number when trying to sneak advertising copy into a news group?

It's worth noting that Shuv has neglected to aknowlegde Andy's "Heads Up" on the age of the OP. He's either hanging his head in shame or else it's a case of "Job Done".

This sort of posting is common enough that we just assume (rightly in most cases) that they've posted via googlgroups and not noticed the OP date. If a gentle reminder about such a faux par fails to elicit any response, there's no point in further speculation. I'm only discussing this 'interloper' due to your speculative thoughts and researches. :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

Nothing missing that would allow a client to view it threaded.

Still sounds like you're using an unthreaded view, and just sorting by subject.

Sorry, it's over a decade since I used Agent, but I'd be surprised if it's that broken.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The behaviour seems to indicate this. I've looked for a setting for this but as it's the free (restricted) version of Forte Agent, I suspect that even if I could track down a setting, it'll probably be one of the many features only available in the 'Paid For' version.

I've just assumed, threading by title is perfectly normal and reasonable. It didn't occur to me that it could be otherwise (and possibly not an option in version 3, free or otherwise, in any case).

Reply to
Johny B Good

Earlier versions of Agent could do it, not sure about Free Agent

"Agent 2.0 provides long-requested improvements for sorting of messages in the Message List pane.

The message list can be sorted by status, size (lines), subject, author or date, with a single click of the Message List pane header or through a single-action menu choice. For easy reference, the sort column and order are marked by a triangular pointer.

The Status Sort (mentioned above) is new. You can sort so that items of interest (e.g. read or watched messages) can appear at the top of the message list.

All sorts can be viewed either threaded or unthreaded. We added a simple icon you can click to turn threading on or off."

I dunno what the icon looks like though ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

In Thunderbird I find that my "kill file" rules quite often cause threads to break up into multiple threads. I guess that where the references in a message only refer to messages which I have killed, it has no choice. But it does make me suspect that the software used by some posters only includes very limited references. Perhaps something similar is happening here?

Reply to
polygonum