Longer life CFL tubes.

When doing DIY, run a bead of silicone around in a circle at the base of the tubes. This makes it much less likely to shatter when you tap it lightly with a plank.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

IKEA sell ones with a rubberised coating. These would be acceptable in a commercial food preparation area. Actually, I got home to discover one in the packet was broken, but all fragments contained inside, and it still worked.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Mine broke when I knocked the lamp over.

I shan't be buying a replacement 'expensive' bulb.

tim

Reply to
tim.....