Long Stay Parking Problems

As this group seems to be turning into a motoring group, here's a contribution of an interesting snap of some thoughtful individual, probably from just off the A23 a few miles south of London, who parked up on the village main street to save his parking fees, and went to the airport on holiday for a couple of weeks, . Unfortunately the council has resurfaced the road while he's away.

I think they should have resurfaced over the car and staked it to the ground

Rusty

If the car is legally parked, and has valid Tax, insurance etc he can park there all year if he wants - whats the problem?? Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

On 16 Jul 2005, OldBill wrote

I'd come to the conclusion that BMW doesn't install indicators.

It's like seeing a motorcycle in the rear-view mirror that's *not* trying to roar past to do twice the speed limit. It sort of creeps me out -- "What's up with him?"

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

Seems to be a BMW, not surprising as they seem generally to be the most thoughtless drivers on the road, probably because they are toerags driving company cars. I was flabbergastered the other day when I saw one actually signal.

Reply to
OldBill

Can he though? Say they wanted to run a new water main under there don't the service providers have access rights?

If suitable notices had been posted a reasonable time in advance couldn't the Police have it moved it as it was causing an obstruction? (I'm not sure what they would do with it in the meantime ... take it to the Police Car pound then put it back when they were finished).

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

It's an MG.

There is actually no legal right whatsoever to park on the road under UK law. In theory the Police could book *any* car for obstruction even if it is taxd, MOTd, insured and parked considerately. Having said that the Police aren't about to start booking cars at random as that'd be just silly.

sponix

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

its not that bmws turn people into bad drivers. bmw attracts arrogant drivers in much the same way that audi does. they are simply the types of cars that w8nkers drive.

find a w8nker and 9 time of 10 he drives a bmw/audi. find a bmw/audi and 9 times out of 10 its driven by a w8nker.

shokk

Reply to
Shokka

There is no actual right to park on the highway. Even paid for resident's bays etc can be suspended.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't miss an opportunity to air your prejudices, but it's an MG.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hmm. Then they all start out with Saxos and Corsas etc then graduate onto

4x4s?
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

One early Sunday morning, I parked on Park Lane, outside Hyde Park, London. I returned in the afternoon to discover "my" van was missing. The area was covered in police "no parking" cones. I enquired of a biker PC where "my"(borrowed fro the day) van was. I didn't know what the registration number was. But he radioed the description, and came back with the exact location(half mile away) to which it had been trucked.

Keith G. Powell

Reply to
Keith G. Powell

Indeed. One of Mums friends borrowed her car but parked it back down a side road where folk all tend to park down one side only (just evolved that way). He left it on the 'other' side and as other cars parked around it it left a bit of a chicanne. An Ambulance needed to get past in an emergency and 'all' the cars down that road got a ticket.

The guy paid Mums fine ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

In message , OldBill writes

Actually, it's a Rover, he probably got lost and took advantage of the factory fitted tartan travel rug for a quick doze. BTW, I *think* you'll find that Mercedes drivers are worse, indicators seem to be a dealer option on mercs.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Lets hope your eyesight improves before you next drive on public roads...

Reply to
TonyK

Ooo touchy are you? don't drive a bmw by any chance?

Reply to
OldBill

Apart from "putting it back", yes, that's what they do in practice - just shift it out the way (but without giving you a ticket). Happened to me once when they were painting yellow lines - they had moved it about

300 yds away, couldn't have figured out where it had gone unless I had phoned the police.

David

Reply to
David McNeish