lining a aquarium hood with grp?

I have a aquarium hood (1m x 30cm x 5cm) made from varnished ply. Despite being yaght varnish, it is suffering from the damp atmosphere above the tank.

I have considered lining this with glass fibre/grp. Any idea how much matting I would need? Is this 1 layer or more required? Anything else I require? Is a standard kit suitable? or do I require special resins etc?

john

Have you put glass panels over the top of the tank, under the hood?

It reduces the damp in the void space considerably on my living room tank.

Dave

Reply to
someone here

are easy cut to the desired shape.