Lighting circuit...switch live or neutral

Or lightbulbs? ;-)

David

Reply to
Lobster

or perhaps modern automotive practices - my brother (trained landrover & renault technician) tells me that switched returns are now commonplace. Can't remember why he said that was. Something about increased longevity of the switches or components I think.

Reply to
RichardS

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:54:00 -0000, ":::Jerry::::" strung together this:

Sorry, you've lost me here. I'm not quite sure what your question is.

Reply to
Lurch

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:18:49 -0000, "RichardS" strung together this:

Many domestic appliances use switched neutrals for some reason so all the copmponents have a permanant live feed. I think it's something to do with spikes and surges through equipment at switch-on.

Reply to
Lurch

It's so they can easily use N type power mosfet switches which have less loss than P types or N types used in high side switching.

Reply to
Mike