lighting circuit problem

I got a problem with the lights in one room, and wondered if anyone knows of anything obvious that might be at fault here.

I have two switches (normal(A) and pull(B)) where either turns on two lights(hanging pendant and spot).

Both lights were on and I switched them off with switch A, later i turned them back on with switch and they didn't work. Switch B did turn them on though, and now switch A works with B in the different position. The switch arrangement was working fine previously.

I've taken off switch A and checked that C still connects to L1 and L2, and it does (I don't have a circuit tester, but measuring resistance seems to work). I've also been in the loft and done a quick check for any rodents, and a quick look around the cable, and I cannot see any thing wrong, though I couldn't check every inch without rolling up the insulation.

Anything obvious that might go wrong here? and whats the best way to find the fault. would opening all the connections from below, then testing by making a circuit with a tester and another length of cable be the best way? (using the diagrams here

and trying to figure out the type of circuit.)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

seconded.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thirded.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Fixed, thanks.

Though the old pull switch appears to test okay, I'm not sure if it was stuck or something else.

Steve

Reply to
Steve