Light coming on very slowly

The f*ck there isn't.

Is there a special school one goes to in order to become a tedious prick? And what was your time there like?

Reply to
Steve Firth

You are very ignorant of the latest developments.

Here's what happens when I put a 50W halogen on one spot fitting and an LED on the other:

can look at a 50W halogen, but if I look at the LED I can't see a bloody thing for ages. The light is much whiter too, they shine on a workbench below and I can see much more clearly when soldering etc.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Concentrate half the light over a quarter of the area, and it will look brighter.

Reply to
John Rumm

Fuck off back to your knitting group.

Reply to
grimly4

Did your teacher take the photo?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

So you admit you don't have experience of them then? Go and buy one and try it, then come back and admit how stupid and ignorant you've been. Just because you bought some cheap crap LEDs years ago doesn't mean they are all the same. It would be like saying diesel cars aren't fast.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Did you miss the post that said that I had fitted over 2000 of them?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

What excellent advice.

Reply to
polygonum

You obviously bought the wrong ones. There are thousands of models out and 99% of them suck.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

The 99% that suck are the sort of models I want.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

But two glorious bright sunny days if short have perked me up no end. B-)

Hah, I can sleep(*) almost anywhere, broad day light, noisey, doesn't matter provided it's reasonably comfortable.

(*) Well nap really 20 mins to an hour, rather than the solid 7 hours of a night in bed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice