levelling a stone shower tray?

I am just asking before I take out the old one (plastic) and replace with a stone tray. The floor should be wooden floor boards not chipboard But like most DIY in this house nothing is ever straightforward so I need to be prepared in advance. Should I just lay the stone tray on the floor boards if it is level and if not what do I use to level it. It is low profile and does not have a plinth.

Reply to
ss

Is it self supporting or does it need to be bedded in?

Reply to
dennis

The usual way is to lay it on a dry bed of mortar never on just the bare floor boards, this advice is normally provided with any accompanying instructions.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

On 01 Nov 2015, Tricky Dicky grunted:

+1 - is this a stone-resin tray (presumably)? It should certainly come with instructions, and you certainly need to follow them.

There's a trick to the mortar bed which avoids breaking your back trying to drop the tray square on to the bed.... basically you lay a few narrow slats across the tray location before placing the mortar; lower the tray onto the slats and then slide them out, leaving the tray fully supported by the mortar.

Reply to
Lobster

After reading the replies I find that there is instructions included....Duh! I had previously just pulled the instructions for the enclosure as it all came as a package.

Question now resolved, thanks guys.

Reply to
ss