less than perfect walls.

I have been stripping off wallpaper with a steamer with a view to finishing them with emulsion.. However, the walls are less than perfect, being pock marked all over where the old wallpaper has pulled off old paint in some places and not others. Is there available a lining paper suitable for overpainting with emulsion that looks a lot better than the backing paper of vinyl paper? or do I now have to repaper? I don't care for woodchip at all.

Reply to
wounded horse

Yes there are heavy grade lining papers. When hanging any lining paper, use a very thin mix of watery wallpaper paste and allow the paper to soak and stretch for a few minutes before hanging it. This then lets it dry and shrink again to cover small shallow indents in the walls.

Reply to
BigWallop