Laying laminate flooring over existing vinyl tiles in kitchen

I'm looking at updating our kitchen floor. The existing flooring is vinyl tiling and is in good condition. Is it OK to lay the laminate on to the vinyl (with an intervening foam underlayer)?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

TC

Reply to
tcpace

Yup

Reply to
John Rumm

I think it depends more on what the sub floor is. General advices seems to be thin foam on wood, thicker fibre stuff on concrete.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman