Lamona Inner Oven Glass

It=92s now been a few months since following up on the ever present problem= of the spontaneously exploding Lamona Inner Oven Door Glass. There are qui= te a few of us who are the unlucky ones where half way through your Sunday = roast cooking there is a sudden explosion in your oven, only to find that a= long with your roast chicken and potatoes that you have about a million pie= ces of glass that have also peppered your favourite meal. Feeling frustrate= d doesn=92t really sum up how most people feel.

I=92ve searched the web and it seems that it is mostly a select range of La= mona ovens where this happens. I=92ve noticed through my research that this= particular door glass is fitted to various different brand cookers like Be= ko, Belling, Diplomat, Flavel and so on. From reading your comments though = it seems that Lamona ovens are the ones that are mostly affected. One has t= o wonder why? Were these the only ovens where the door glass if fitted by w= hat appears to be 2 screws (one ether side) which seems to be the butt of t= he problem and are all the other ones OK?

It=92s also been suggested that cleaning the inner door removes a heat resi= stant coating. Surely this can=92t be true? A heat resistant coating that y= ou can clean off seems like an absurd excuse for a self-exploding door glas= s. Also, I am sure that all of us who never cleaned the glass and then it a= lso exploded would disagree that this is the answer to the question.

Also, there are other various models of Lamona ovens which have a Lamona In= ner Door Glass (

) like model numbers HJA3212, HJA=

3220 and HJA3320 which seem to be exempt for suddenly self-destructing, of = course this particular door glass is specific to these models only and seem= to only need replacing when the wife gets a little over enthusiastic with = the cleaning and drops it.

I look forward to reading what you all have to say, please keep the comment= s coming as we are all interested.

Reply to
kris

Its got to be under some stress from somewhere, just find that and stop it!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

[...]

Glass does that on occasion. Most of us get over it pretty quick.

Reply to
meow2222