Laminate flooring over floorboards

Hi,

As well as asking for advice on a stud wall for pipes, the sam bathroom project will involve putting down a new floor over th existing 1930s floorboards. Question: is it work putting down a boar first to make it more stable (floorboards are not that brilliant), an if so, what's the best type of board to lay? Any advice you may have o the best type of flooring to get would be appreciated too, since al bathroom-rated manufacturers say there's won't suffer under thes conditions...

Thanks Mar

-- markjohnson102

Reply to
markjohnson102

| | Hi, | As well as asking for advice on a stud wall for pipes, the same | bathroom project will involve putting down a new floor over the | existing 1930s floorboards. Question: is it work putting down a board | first to make it more stable (floorboards are not that brilliant), and | if so, what's the best type of board to lay? Any advice you may have on | the best type of flooring to get would be appreciated too, since all | bathroom-rated manufacturers say there's won't suffer under these | conditions...

IME flooring grade MFD is crap where it may get wet in kitchens and bathrooms. If I did it again I would use real wood boards.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Most likely 6mm WBP plywood, but could depend on what type of flooring you have on top

David

Reply to
Lobster

I put marine ply over my old bathroom floor boards and then tiled over the ply. That was 5 years ago and it is still as good as new. No movement in tiles and no water come through the ceiling. Cheers Neil

Reply to
Neil